Contacting the ATFContacting the ATF

While our customer service professionals are the best in the business, you may have questions that are better answered by the good folks over at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, aka the BATFE, aka the ATF. There’s a lot that we can help you with, since we have dedicated compliance and customer service representatives. However, sometimes you need to pull out the big guns to answer those burning questions pertaining specifically to your application process or regulation interpretations. This post will give you all the ATF contact information you may need, and how you can get in touch with them.

Submitting a Form 4 or Form 5320.20

A Form 4 or a Form 5320.20 should be submitted to the ATF's NFA division, either via fax at the below email address (5320.20’s only) or via “snail mail” (for Form 4’s, and/or 5320.20’s). It’s always a good call to send any snail mail to the ATF using certified mail, but that’s optional.

Fax (No Form 4’s)

5320.20 Mail

Form 4 Mail



244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25401

National Firearms Act Division

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

P.O. Box 5015,

Portland, OR 97208-5015


Checking the status of your application

In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can call the NFA Branch directly at (304) 616-4500. Please keep in mind that once your tax stamp check is cashed, it will take some time before the ATF can provide a status.

When you call, they will ask for:

  • Your name (or the name of your trust or corporation)
  • The serial number of the suppressor
  • The name of the transferor

Refer back to the confirmation email you received from us when your transfer was submitted to the ATF. This is where you will be able to find the name of your transferor. More information about this can be found here.

Questions about interstate travel, storage, etc.

Compliance laws are always changing, so it’s important to keep a pulse on laws within your state. But also laws in the states you might be headed to! To stay up to date, or if you have any questions, try reaching out to your local ATF instead of the NFA Processing Branch. You can locate a local ATF office as well as contact information here. They will be the subject matter experts for your specific state(s).

We’ve covered the gamut in terms of traveling (including flying) with a suppressor/NFA item, storing suppressors long term, and even moving with suppressors! Some questions require more detailed answers pertaining to your specific needs and situation. For those inquiries, you can reach the ATF at 304-616-4500 or at

Questions about NFA wait times

Wonder what current wait times look like? Consult this handy page, courtesy of NFA Tracker. If your wait is within the average wait time, there’s no need to reach out to the ATF and listen to hold music. You might want to go ahead and reach out to the ATF if you’ve been waiting beyond the average wait time to ensure things are still going smoothly.

Lingering Questions?

We’re a chat box away, ready to answer any questions you still have. We know we make the suppressor application process smooth as butter, but don’t hesitate to utilize our resources or reach out.