*A trust exclusive to Silencer Shop, when Form 1's and Form 4's are processed and submitted by Silencer Shop*
The Single Shot Trust is the simplest, most flexible, and least expensive Gun Trust available. Registering a silencer has never been easier with assigning one suppressor (or any other NFA item) to each trust. Providing the best of both worlds, the Single Shot Trust has all the flexibility of a Traditional NFA Gun Trust combined with the simplicity of filing as an Individual.
After you’ve purchased your single shot, we’ll prepare your ATF Form 1 or 4 that you’ll receive via Docusign (you’ll also receive your Single Shot Trust, no notary required!). Once you’ve electronically signed your Form 1 or 4, we’ll ship off or electronically submit your documents to the ATF for review. The trust will also include instructions on how to add and/or remove trustees.
Lastly, your account will need to be updated to reflect that you are wanting to file under a single shot trust. This can easily be adjusted in your account login, or you can give us a call and we can make the switch. If you’re a first-time customer, when you are registering, be sure to select your filing as a “Unknown Registration.” Your single shot trust will be automatically added to your next NFA item purchase made through Silencer Shop. It’s truly as simple as that!
The benefits of a Single Shot Trust include:
- The flexibility of adding different responsible parties, or trustees, to different trusts once each NFA transfer is approved by the ATF
- The ease of filing as an individual because no responsible parties are listed initially on the Trust
- Benefit of adding or removing responsible parties with an addendum, provided by Silencer Shop at no additional expense
- One NFA item per Trust, custom serialized by suppressor for simplicity
- A trust generated by a top gun trust attorney, legal in every state it’s legal to own a suppressor excluding IA and VT - and specifically designed to NFA purchases
- A trust exclusive to Silencer Shop, when Form 4 applications are processed and submitted by Silencer Shop
There is a lawyer that can provide technical support for this trust; but, they cannot give legal advice since this is a do-it-yourself form option. As mentioned previously, if you prefer to work with a lawyer, please visit our lawyer referral page. If, on the other hand, you’re looking for a quick and easy gun trust without spending as much money, this is a great option!
This form is not legal advice and is to be used at your own discretion. Consultation with an attorney is highly recommended and this form is not a substitute for appropriate legal advice in your state.
For more information, read our blog post comparing and contrasting filing as an Individual, Traditional NFA Gun Trust, Single Shot Trust, Single Shot Unlimited Trust, and Corporation.