NFA Tax Stamp

Tax Stamp

In stock


  • Product Description

    All suppressors and other NFA-regulated items require a ‘Tax Stamp’. This tax is paid by the maker or transferor at the time of submission of a Form 1 or Form 4 application to ATF. At Silencer Shop, we make the process easier by combining the tax stamp on your silencer or SBR order - we’re the one-stop shop for all of your NFA needs.

    Please note that a tax stamp must accompany a silencer (or other NFA) purchase. Buying a tax stamp by itself will not start any ATF paperwork.


    At Silencer Shop, we try to make it as easy as possible for you to build your dream collection. We give you the option of buying the NFA Tax Stamp to have on your account if you want to split up the purchase cost and buy your suppressor down the line.

    The Step-by-Step Process

    1. Choose the NFA item you’d like to purchase, or just purchase the stamp to have when you decide to purchase your suppressor down the line.
    2. Add the NFA Tax Stamp to your cart.
    3. Complete your Silencer Shop profile.
      1. Easily submit your fingerprints by visiting a Silencer Shop Kiosk.
      2. Submit your passport-style photo by snapping a selfie and uploading it via our Smartphone app  (available on Google Play and Apple App Store).
    4. Complete ATF Form 4 or ATF Form 1 – great news, we help with these too!
      1. ATF Form 4: used for transferring an existing NFA item from a dealer to an individual or entity.
      2. ATF Form 1: used if you are manufacturing an NFA item (e.g., converting a rifle to a short-barreled rifle).
    5. Once all parts of the application and payments are completed, our Full Auto software helps your dealer quickly and accurately submit your application to ATF. 
    6. Wait for Approval – it’s like anticipating gifts on Christmas morning, only way cooler.

    Frequently Asked TAX STAMP QUESTIONSQuestions

    What is an NFA Tax Stamp, and why do I need one? 

    The NFA Tax Stamp is an excise tax that was established by the U.S. in the National Firearms Act of 1934. The stamp is required to legally make or transfer ownership of an NFA firearm or suppressor.

    Can I buy a tax stamp before I purchase my suppressor or other NFA-regulated item?

    Yes, you can buy a tax stamp at any time and have it prepared for when you’re ready to purchase your suppressor or other NFA item.

    Note: Buying a tax stamp does not start the eForm transfer process. You must have purchased an NFA item or service to begin the ATF paperwork.

    More Information
    Manufacturer Uncle Sam
    Where are you registering? Texas
  • Reviews