The FH556-212A is a high-performance flash hider for the Colt Commando, C8 SFW, M4, M16, HK416, and 5.56mm (.223 cal.) semi-auto, bolt-action, or assault rifles with Mil-Spec 1/2-28 muzzle threads. It also serves as a precision, rock-solid adapter mount that enables rapid no-tools attachment of SureFire FA556K, FA556-212, FA556MG, or MINI suppressors to the rifles listed above and other rifles with the same muzzle thread/configuration.
The FH556-212A flash hider delivers superior muzzle flash suppression (see demonstration photos at left). This provides three benefits—minimizing degradation of your night-adapted vision, helping to conceal your position, and reducing muzzle rise. Machined from heat-treated stainless steel, finished in a tough, corrosion-resistant coating, all SureFire flash hiders are extremely resistant to gas and particle erosion and will perform perfectly for thousands of rounds.
NOTE: SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders also serve as adapter mounts for our Fast-Attach® sound suppressors. If you do not plan to attach a SureFire sound suppressor to your firearm, we recommend choosing a shorter-length muzzle brake or flash hider. SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders that mate with our overlap suppressor models are longer in order to extend rearward over the barrel, a feature that is unnecessary unless mounting an overlap suppressor.
- Provides rock-solid suppressor attachment in seconds without tools
- Also serves as a precision adapter mount for SureFire FA556K, FA556-212, FA556MG, MINI, and MICRO suppressors
- Machined from heat-treated stainless steel, finished in a tough, corrosion-resistant coating
- Extreme resistance to heat and gas/particle erosion
- Installation requires no permanent modifications to most weapons