The Bowers Vers 50 is the definition of both durable and reliable. If you want to effectively suppress your .50 Beowulf or other big bore calibers (e.g., the .45-70), then the Bowers Vers 50 should be at the top of your wish list! This can is a .50 caliber, high-efficiency suppressor designed for use with calibers .510 and smaller, and up to 2,200 fps velocity. It is also suitable for slower rounds that will fit through the bore. The Vers 50 comes with Bowers’ AIMS™ mount and accepts the Versadapt™ series of thread adapting inserts. One standard insert is included with your purchase! Moreover, the Bowers Vers 50 is now available with a stainless steel baffle stack that increases the projectile rating to 2,650 fps for a minimal upcharge.
Founded by Tom Bowers in the late 1990s, situated in inspiring Oregon, Bowers Group designs and manufactures subgun/carbine suppressors. They manufacture 9mm and .45, three .22 offerings, big bore options, and even a .45 pistol unit.
When it comes to suppressing big bore calibers, such as .50 Beowulf, .50 Alaskan, .458 SOCOM, .45-70, and so on, your initial instinct might be to choose a one-suppressor-does-all solution. Unfortunately, the all-in-one options start having problems as the bore size increases. For some guidance, we offer the following words of advice:
- To effectively suppress a big bore caliber (e.g., .50 Beowulf or .45-70), a suppressor needs quite a bit of volume. Do-it-all models run small because nobody wants to run a can that is big enough for a .458 on their AR-15.
- At Silencer Shop, we spend a significant amount of time discussing versatility vs. efficiency, but these big bore suppressors are an extreme case. In essence, when the bore size diverges too far from the caliber being suppressed, it becomes less and less effective.
As a result, a do-it-all solution is too small for a large bore caliber, while the bore is too small for the smaller calibers.
- Full-auto rated!
- Length: 11.25 inches
- Weight: 20 ounces (plus thread mount insert)
- Build materials available: stainless steel; aluminum
- Finish: matte black anodized
What's in the Box:
- Bowers Vers 50 Suppressor
- Selected Versadapt™ thread adapter
- User manual
What Are the Critics Saying:
- Read Modern Rifleman's review of the Vers 458 and Vers 50
- Watch Lone Star Boars test the Bowers Vers 50 recoil reduction
- Watch Lone Star Boars on a hog hunt using the Bowers Vers 50