Surefire SOCOM Muzzle Brake
The advanced SureFire SFMB-556-1/2-28 muzzle brake, which fits M4 / M16 weapons and variants with 1/2-28 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise so that the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-556-1/2-28 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM556-RC model having placed first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command. Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-556-1/2-28 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
The advanced SureFire SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake, which fits the Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-762-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM762-RC model having recently won the Mk13 .300 Win-Mag sniper rifle contract award with the US Special Operations Command in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppressor adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Offset porting delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, so the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR15 type weapons
|Supp Model For Accessories||SF SOCOM 300 SPS, SF SOCOM 556 MG, SF SOCOM 556 Mini, SF SOCOM 556 Mini Monster, SF SOCOM 556 Monster, SF SOCOM 556 RC, SF SOCOM 556 RC2, SF SOCOM 556 SB, SF SOCOM 68, SF SOCOM 762 Mini, SF SOCOM 762 RC, SF SOCOM 762 RC2|