What you need to know:
- 41F is set to be implemented July 13, 2016.
- All applications ‘Postmarked’ (submitted) before then WILL NOT be affected by the rule change as it will not be retroactive.
- 41F will Require the applicant(s) to attach to the application: A completed ATF Form 5320.23 for each responsible person. Form 5320.23 would require certain identifying information for each responsible person, including each responsible person’s full name, position, Social Security number (optional), home address, date and place of birth, and country of citizenship;
• 2 x 2-inch passport style photographs of each responsible person taken within 1 year prior to the date of the application;
• Two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card) for each responsible person.
- You and any Co-Trustees on the Trust will be required when submitting a tax stamp application to notify the CLEO, but WILL NOT require their “approval”. (“requires that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm, and the specified form for responsible persons, as applicable, be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person is located; and eliminates the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO”)
- Beneficiaries WILL NOT be considered responsible persons.
- That means beneficiaries will not have to do anything when a Form 4 is submitted.
- You DO NOT need to notify the ATF when you are adding a Co-Trustee to the Trust.
SILENCER SHOP 41F Guarantee:
We guarantee your Powered By Silencer Shop Form 4 using a Trust or Corporation will be processed under current regulations or we will give you $100
1) Purchase an in-stock silencer between May 1st and July 6th
2) All transfer information must be submitted to Silencer Shop by July 8th – including requested corrections or additional information
3) Other restrictions may apply, visit SilencerShop.com for details
4) We guarantee that transfers meeting these requirements will be submitted under the existing rules – or we’ll give you $100