SILENCER SHOP 41F GUARANTEE:
We guarantee that your Silencer Shop Form 4 using a Trust or a Corporation will be processed under current regulations, or we will give you $100!
- You must purchase an in-stock silencer between May 1 and July 6, 2016.
- All transfer information must be submitted to Silencer Shop by July 8, 2016—including requested corrections and/or additional information.
To reiterate: We guarantee that transfers meeting these requirements will be submitted under the currently existing rules, or we will give you $100
WHAT 41F MEANS TO YOU:
- 41F is set to be implemented on July 13, 2016
- All applications “postmarked” (i.e., submitted) before July 13, 2016, WILL NOT be affected by the rule change, as it will not be retroactive
- 41F will require the applicant(s) to attach the following items to their application:
- A completed ATF Form 5320.23 for each responsible person. Form 5320.23 would require certain identifying information for each responsible person, including: each responsible person’s full name, position, home address, date/place of birth, country of citizenship, and Social Security number (optional)
- A 2x2-inch passport-style photograph of each responsible person taken within one year prior to the date of the application
- Two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (fingerprint card) for each responsible person
- You and any Co-Trustees on the Trust will be required when submitting a tax stamp application to notify the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO), but WILL NOT require their “approval.” (This “requires that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm, and the specified form for responsible persons, as applicable, be forwarded to the CLEO of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person is located; and eliminates the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.”)
- Beneficiaries WILL NOT be considered responsible persons (i.e., beneficiaries will not have to do anything when a Form 4 is submitted)
- You DO NOT need to notify the ATF when adding a Co-Trustee to the Trust