|Once you have submitted all the required information, our ATF Review Staff will begin to review your order. Here is what you can expect after you have everything to us.|
Our staff will review your paperwork before we submit anything to the ATF. If we find that we are missing something or that some of your information looks incorrect, we will reach out to you (by email) to request clarification or resubmission. We are - by no means - infallible, but we are very familiar with what the ATF looks for as well as what they will not accept.
Here are some common mistakes that we see suppressor owners - both new and old - make:
- Missing pages in your trust document.
- Many trusts have page numbers printed on them. This is one of the first things that an auditor will look at to verify that all the pages are there.
- Keep in mind that your title page may be numbered.
- It never hurts to also include pages that are marked: "This page intentionally left blank."
- There are two types of fingerprints that are required on the FD-258 Fingerprint Card. One is a "slap" print where your finger is placed flat on the scanner, the other is a "roll" print where you are required to roll your finger over the scanner.
- It is common for people to forget to roll (or to not roll far enough).
- Be sure you follow the instructions on our Submit Your Photo page.
- If you have a trustee on your trust, you need to list them when filling out your information. If you do not tell us who is on the trust, it is very difficult to track them down.
- While not required, it is highly recommended to include.
If everything looks good, we'll send you one final document to verify and sign electronically.
This is an ATF requirement but is also a handy way to make sure you are happy with the way things look. Once that happens, we'll keep you updated as we hit the major milestones but there will be a wait. If you are curious about what you should be expecting, you can always check in on our ATF Wait Times page.