ATF Form 1 Service
An ATF Form 1 is the form to fill out if you are intending to create your own NFA Item. For most of us, that means transforming an existing AR lower receiver into a "Short Barreled Rifle." This form can also be used if you are creating a Short Barreled Shotgun or intending to create your own silencer at home.
To file a Form 1 through Silencer Shop, the process is simple. If you already have a customer account with us and we have all of your registration information (photo, fingerprints, etc), all you need to do is:
- Purchase an "ATF Form 1 Service" for each item you intend to Form 1
- Don't forget to purchase a Tax Stamp as well
- You will receive this email within moments of your order confirmation
- After you have entered your firearm details, you will need to confirm that is the correct selection by clicking the "submit" button
- Our ATF compliance staff will look over your order and make sure everything looks good before we send it to you to sign. You are still responsible for the accuracy of the information entered.
If you have never purchased a silencer through our Powered By Silencer Shop program, you'll need to submit your fingerprints, passport photo, etc. Lucky for you, we've got a super simple process for doing this. Check out our How To Buy A Silencer page for details on our SID Kiosk system and Mobile App!
Silencer Shop Note
Don't forget that a Form 1 will require a tax stamp payment to the ATF as well!Read Less