All orders from Silencer Shop ship free!
Suppressor shipping for buyers that live in Texas
For Texas buyers, you can choose one of the following:
- Pick the suppressor up directly from us. In this case, we will work with you to transfer your suppressor and will notify you when it’s ready to pick up.
- Have us mail the suppressor directly to you. As with the first option, we will work with you to transfer your suppressor and will notify you when the transfer is complete. The mailing process does take a couple of weeks; but, we are able to mail an approved suppressor directly to your house!
- Have another Texas dealer handle the transfer. In this case, the dealer you choose will have possession of the suppressor after we transfer to them – and they’ll take care of the Form 4 transfer to you.
We charge 8.25% sales tax for all Texas residents.
Suppressor shipping for buyers that live outside Texas
With the introduction of Silencer Shop Direct, the out-of-state process is extremely similar to the Texas process, but you still have a couple of choices:
- We can handle the transfer for you if you’re registering using a trust or corporation – and want to take part in Silencer Shop Direct. In this case, we’ll do all the paperwork – and will notify you when the suppressor is ready to be picked up from a local FFL/SOT (i.e. Class 3) license holder.
- Have another dealer handle the transfer. If you prefer, we can still transfer the suppressor to an FFL/SOT dealer of your choice who will have possession of the suppressor and will handle the Form 4 transfer process.
Because of federal and state regulations covering the purchase of NFA items, such as suppressors, we can only ship these items to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) that have also paid the Special Occupational Tax (SOT).
You can use one of the FFL/SOT holders from our online database, or you can use another by having them send their FFL & SOT to us by e-mail, mail or fax:
13729 Research Blvd Ste 630
Austin, TX 78750
If you don’t know an FFL/SOT holder in your area, feel free to contact us, and we can help you locate one. Your order will be held until valid FFL/SOT information has been received.
We ship everything free and most orders ship out the same day you order. Most items ship using either UPS or U.S. Postal Service, depending on both weight and what is in the package.
Suppressors will be mailed with a signature required.
Once we have started a transfer, we are unable to do returns on suppressors or firearms. If you have issues, we will work with you and the manufacturer to get them resolved.
We will take returns of other items for 30 days, as long as they are in the original packaging and in new condition.
Although we try to sell only items that are in stock, there are times when we will do special orders. In those cases, we require half down – with the remainder due once we have received the item or started the transfer (whichever comes first).
In those cases, the initial deposit is non-refundable.
If you do want to special order something, please keep in mind that this is a slow moving industry because of the way it is regulated. It can often take 6-12 months to get a special ordered item from the manufacturer, and there isn’t a lot we can do to speed that up.